Saturday, December 27, 2014

COLLAGE ROUNDUP

Lately when not at work or freelancing I've been creating collages (about one a week). I've thought of creating these digitally using photoshop; it would definitely allow for a lot of layering and creating a transparent quality I'd like to try, but for now I'll keep these handmade. The fact is I spend way too much time on the computer as is, and it's exactly the handmade cut and paste part of creating these that's the best, most appealing, most soothing. I just love the process itself when in it, getting lost, cutting up magazines, f*cking around, seeing what I can create just with what I have, as is, even using the pieces I cut wrong and mess up. I have thought of opening an etsy shop with some of these collages and new paintings, especially after closing my old society6 shop, but maybe another time. For now I'll keep creating them just because it feels great to do so, and keep sharing them on instagram and here.

If you're not already, feel free to connect with me on instagram where I share these as soon as they're made.



Hope you are having a beautiful and awesome weekend.



7 comments:

  1. You're really very, very clever at these, Karyna. They seem 3D and have a luminosity to them. Brilliant.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. I always enjoy hearing from you! :)

      Delete
  2. Loving these, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris!! So glad you're enjoying these. Thank you. :))

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog, and I'm FREAKING OUT. This is amazing, and you're so talented. Did you ever reconsider selling your art? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and I'm FREAKING OUT. This is amazing, and you're so talented. Did you ever reconsider selling your art? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Alyssa, thank you so much!! It's sort of timely you mention this because I was just recently looking into the best option for printing to sell my collages/illustrations in my etsy shop. I really appreciate your feedback. :))

      -Karyna

      Delete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...