Thursday, July 5, 2012

VISUAL EXPLORATIONS

heart, aurora heart, rainbow heartI was going through my closet, organizing papers and other materials when I rediscovered this heart piece I originally posted on the blog here. I'm sharing it only because I remember when I first finished it a few months ago I wasn't happy with the colors, but I was happy with the shape and design. I actually brought it into photoshop and made all it blue (or aquamarine) as you see in the prior blog post. But in rediscovering it today, I'm actually happy with how the colors turned out (using watercolors and ink), unlike before. Usually the opposite happens: I'll see a piece a few months later and think "hmmm, uh, maybe not". Which I guess is good because it means change, growth in some way... right? Does this happen to you?
©2012 Paper Squid Inc.

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo I see a great design. I see a heart shape. I see a girl's face framed by her hair.

    Fascinating because my mind tends to go in straight lines therefore to see the opposite is always surprising and pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Thanks. :) As I always have a tendency to go "curvy" or in these weird directions, but that's why your work, and the details of actual real structures, I find so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing :)
    I love it!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and Thank you! ....I love your blog name, has a cool sound to it, and fun :)

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...