Monday, May 21, 2012

VISUAL EXPLORATIONS


I'm really enjoying creating these new designs using repetitive geometric shapes. I find that when I create them it's relaxing, almost meditative. I'm working on another design similar to this one, which I shared the work-in-progress on instagram, and I'll definitely post it here when it's done.

I have to admit, it's nice to create pieces just because I want to, almost need to, in the moment, whether they're experiments for me or whether they're intended as gifts for friends. It's almost like they're energetic releases, and sometimes I do create with the intention of future use for when I reopen my online shop, but in the meantime it's nice to just not put that pressure on myself and direct my attention elsewhere. Next step, get coffee and plan a trip I've had in mind for a few weeks.

©2012 Paper Squid Inc.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY that is just gorgeous and the pink one on Instagram is amaaazing too! (imagine that in a sing-song voice) I just bought more microns- I love them so much, its crazy. That pink is to die for. I have to pick one up in that color! I have this green one I got that is my current favorite. These are so inspiring! Thanks for a great post! I know exactly what you mean about that meditative mode you drop into, its so addicting isn't it? Well I wish you good luck with your shop. I have an Etsy but I am a poor shopkeeper these days LOL the real world of work sucks me in more often than I like:) I'll get back to it by hook or by crook... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances. Haha, a sing-song voice, I can totally picture/hear that. Yeah painting is fun but there's also something very awesome about using pens, I guess more control in details (?), or maybe not, it just has a certain look to it. Yeah and as for the whole shop thing, well, we'll see where things lead, no stress about it, life certainly pulls in different directions! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! The control! The pens are so great that way:)

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...