Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dutch Door Press

This past weekend Juan and I went to a local comic book store here in South Florida, Tate's, where you also find Bear and Bird Boutique + Gallery. (If you're in the area and haven't been, it's definitely worth checking out for illustrations, crafty goodness and comics). Here I found these beautiful letterpress prints by Dutch Door Press.

I've been aware of their shop for a while through Etsy, but definitely seeing these prints in person was even better. I ended buying these two 5x7 inch prints, one as a birthday gift for a friend and the other one (the blue bird) for me. They're actually from a series, Birds and Blooms, featuring state birds and flowers. Before I realized what the series was, I just picked the prints I liked best based on design and color. So yes, though I live in Florida I ended up with the New York print and Jenny with Washington; but it doesn't matter. Beautiful art!

You can visit
Dutch Door Press here. Enjoy! And curious, which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I like them both but if I had to choose I would say the yellow and black bird..the colors of that card work better for me.nice find I am going to check the shop out on Etsy..bit of insomnia tonite :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fran. Yeah the yellow bird one has awesome colors.

    and You mentioned your insomnia and then I noticed the time on the comment, LOL. I hate when that happens...you actually want to sleep but it's not happening. And TV, if you watch it, is either really good or really sucks at that time...i just watch youtube or podcasts.
    Hope it doesn't continue :))

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...