Monday, February 20, 2012

VISUAL EXPLORATIONS

You may or may not have noticed but I put my etsy shop on hiatus. I don't think I'll be returning to it and the local wholesale/consignment I was doing anytime soon. Nothing bad, just other projects and things going on so something had to give and change. For a while I had also felt I wanted to create brand new items for the shop but I had to let go of it because of time and other priorities. Though my energy is being directed in other areas - on purpose for right now - that doesn't mean I won't be messing around with inks and paints! Maybe in the future I'll re-open the shop, new and fresh, like a reboot, selling a few new prints and goodies using Big Cartel instead of Etsy* (update: see comments).

I have some ideas, but in the meantime I just want to explore more with patterns and illustrations and so I made this piece over the weekend. I used a pencil, black copic pen and color pens.
Here I've scanned it in and enhanced the colors. Hope you enjoy and have an awesome day everyone :)

Design
Copyright 2012 ©Paper Squid Inc.

4 comments:

  1. Why Big Cartel instead of Etsy? Thanks for the twitter follow. Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thank you!

    Oh and about etsy vs. Big cartel: actually I still like Etsy, but I also like Big Cartel for the simple fact that you can keep the page layout as clean and simple (or complex) as you'd like. In other words I have more control of the look and all the elements I choose to put on the page (or not put on the page). With etsy I find it looks busy, less personalization. As for the marketing and bringing people to the shop (if that's what I'm looking to do), I find it's the same amount of work because both sites have a ton of sellers and you still have to do the foot work to get them there either way, so I'll opt for Big cartel next time around.

    Have a great day!
    -Karyna

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved your etsy shop. i'll miss you there! but i'm happy i can still keep in touch with you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Aimee, thanks so much, actually means a lot. :)

    But maybe I'll re-open in the future with new items that I'll be newly excited about! I definitely think that will happen.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...