Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Light as a Feather

Light as a feather print design Paper Squid etsy shop
Hello friends. It's been a bit busy this week completing a few projects and just things in general. But in all this doing, doing, doing, I've also recently been trying to change my habits as to not always be so busy; taking time for what's important: friends, family, meditation (trying) and all that good stuff.

Funny, in all this I've felt inspired to create more designs like notepads and fabrics (to come), but also inspired to clear things out like my closet and even my email inboxes! Oooh those inboxes. Yeah, I admit it, I have two email accounts and haven't been able to get my inbox at zero emails in over a year...alright, probably two years. Ridiculous. I get to a hundred emails and feel accomplished but now I want zero. Some things have got to change.

As I clear things out and start on new ones, I wanted to share this design I just completed, seen above, (it was recently shown on the blog as a work in progress). The print is called Light as a Feather.
Again I'm working with patterns and textures, which as you know I'm a sucker for. Here I'm interpreting light energy and items in nature, like a feather or even wood grain patterns, which all in themselves seem to have a sort of light to them. Experimenting. Simple but abstract.
You can find the print in my Etsy shop, 13x19 inches.

Let me know what you think and I'm curious, do you have the same email anxiety?
:) I'd also love to know what projects you're up to, hmmm a vacation maybe or a new recipe? As always your comments/insights are welcome!

7 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE this design. Everything about it pulls me in for some beautiful eye candy. The subtle colors are great, the flow of the texture is excellent, the lines cutting through creating that triangle give it a whole other dimension.. love it all. I think I need to get this print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis! .....Means a lot :))
    Really glad too, just trying to work on new things and experimenting.

    Sending you guys a package over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful design. i totally agree with you about texture of wood and feathers. i love brickwork too and would you believe i cleared out one of my inboxes from over 300 to just 29 emails today! i hate doing it but eventually it overwhelms me especially when most of them are twitter and facebook notifications or othwer such junk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Ha 300 emails! I'm telling you, it's too overwhelming, which is kinda funny. I always keep articles and certain blog posts around in the inbox to eventually read but if I haven't gotten around to it I've decided it's like old clothes: if you haven't worn it in 6 months to a year, get rid of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! We're moving next weekend and I'm finally getting an office...I can't wait to decorate with some Paper Squid designs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love the name you chose, Ginger Rogers. Send pics of the new office when its decorated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...