Tuesday, December 14, 2010

List it Tuesday

Hi everyone. For today's List it Tuesday it's about random things and little surprises throughout this past week. As mentioned in past posts, List it Tuesday was started by Aimee of Artsyville so feel free to create your own list and please share here or over at Aimee's blog!

A little surprise: don't you love receiving hand drawn letters in the mail? I love these, sent from my awesome friend, Teresita.

Illustrated handmade cards by Tere
I'm Experimenting with new designs & paintings. Below are some new ones but I have a long way to go to get these ideas where I want them. If you're curious here are some old paintings made for friends.

Paintings by Paper Squid
Random & amusing liquor store sign below & here's another one.

Liquor store sign wisdom south florida hialeah
Patterns and textures along the street.
Textures on the Paper Squid blog
I really enjoyed these old graphic tiles from Ernest Hemingway's home in Key West. We visited the Keys this weekend for my birthday which was on the 11th. It's funny, I've been to the Keys before but never visited his home/museum. It was definitely interesting.

Old floor tiles from the Ernest Hemingway homeOld graphic tile patterns from Ernest Hemmingway's homeOld graphic tiles from Ernest Hemingway's home
I saw this old house while also visiting Key West this weekend. It's for sale and I just found it really interesting. It really grabbed my attention. I'm not buying but I'd love to know its history.

Old house for sale in Key West
It was interesting turning 30! Yep folks, good ole 3-0 and it wasn't the big deal or leap people say it is, ha! Things are only getting better, I can feel it. (Card from Man Vs. George).

turning 30 card on etsy
What are some random things you've liked, experienced or appreciated this week? Oh come on, I'd love to know.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karyna

    Firstly thanks for the lovely comment on my blog post about our wedding trip - I can totally recommend the elopement/destination wedding if you and your man are ever planning to get hitched!!

    I love these pictures you took - some really interesting sights - the tiles are beautiful and I would love to have the time and money to refurbish that house!! Your paintings are lovely - they remind me a little of my pointy ones in that you must have some patience to do all those little dots and so neatly too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Yep I loved your wedding dress! And yeah that house is really cool looking, but it would take so much money and time to refurbish it; I could just see the good and the nightmares. Also I'm truly glad you love the paintings, I have a way to go on these ideas.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your week has been full. i am glad you said turning 30 was no biggie, b/c i see the other side of 29 in 16 days and i'm nervous. love your paintings.

    *i'm listing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all, happy birthday! I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I love your street. This week, I like and appreciate my antibiotics and pain medicine! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful and colorful list of observations! and happy birthday! it really does just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found 29 to be more of a big deal than 30. By the time I reached 30, I was over it. ;) Happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That liquor store sign is fantastic. And I couldn't wait to turn 30. Less drama than the 20s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buffalo Lucy, I think I also found 29 a bigger deal. I remember thinking "Oh my god, I'm freaking turning 30 next year" instead of focusing on 29, and now that I'm 30 I'm like "oh well"; it's fine. :)

    Thanks for birthday wishes ladies!

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...