Monday, November 8, 2010

Who Knew Walks in the Morning Could Lead to Mindfulness, Doing (Not Talking) and Asking Why?


It's a miracle friends, I've recently begun walking in the mornings. Okay okay, so maybe it's not a miracle. Nothing special, many people do it. The reason it's a big deal for me is because I'm one who never did it; talking and talking but never following through. Now that I've started and kept it up, I'm so glad I did. I don't expect a cookie or a trophy. It's a small step (excuse the pun) but a nice beginning and I have a lot more to do.

I've realized that I need to stop making excuses, stop talking about what I want and the improvements I want to make and just do it (excuse the slogan, but it's a good one).

It's about cutting out excess, cutting the bullshit, simplifying, and making life better.

It's about pursuing my joy and following my bliss. Simply, I've become aware that in some areas there's a desire for a change, some tiny and others maybe a little bit bigger.

In the path to pursuing my joy, I've realized I need to be honest with myself about what my priorities and goals are. Many of our choices are based on our priorities, at least they are for me. I need to ask questions, more questions and better questions. I need to ask why? I need to ask what? I need to ask where? But most importantly I need to ask why again? I agree with Brigitte, it's about a Showdown with Whatever.
As I figure out my new goals and where I'm going, (some of which happen to be walking more, focusing and reprioritizing areas of my business, travel, self-awareness, letting go of people and situations that no longer suit me, productivity, understanding and positive assertiveness), whereever this new path leads, I'll definitely be sharing with you.

As my definition of success continues changing,
as I shed the unwanted, both physically and mentally, I'd love to know what you'd love to shed? What are your whys, goals or priorities? Hmm? Oh, come on, it's pretty fun and I'd love to know.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! I think this is just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and so very true - it certainly struck a chord with me as we keep 'intending' to get up 40 minutes earlier to take the dogs out for an early morning walk but it just hasn't happened yet. I used to do it religiously both before the dogs came along and until a few months ago but life gets in the way and junk foods gets eaten and its all just a vicious circle resulting in a total lack of enthusiasm, energy and get up and go. You've motivated me to kick start my own early morning walking routine again and I know the dogs will thank you for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Aimee!!! :D

    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

    And Nicola, it's so true, sometimes, life does get in the way and it's a bit "normal". We can't beat ourselves up too much but maybe just a little. :) But we can't make too many excuses either, at least for me because I'm a master of excuses. It just took me a bit to get started as well as a semi low point (no energy sometimes which then pissed me off, and a photo, lol...TA DAM DAM!)

    Things definitely take more planning with pets or children! I have no doubt you'll start again or maybe you'll find something even better that works for you. Thanks for sharing and in fact let me know how it goes.

    -Karyna

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...