Friday, September 17, 2010

A Journey Round My Skull

A Journey Round My Skull
Today I wanted to share this really interesting blog by Will Schofield called A Journey Round My Skull. In his own words he has an "unhealthy book fetishism." He features wonderful literature ephemera with varying gorgeous illustrations and de
signs. In an interview he says "blogging about book covers made me more aware of graphic design, which slowly morphed into a focus on visual ephemera" and I immediately took notice while browsing his blog.

I think what appeals to me, besides the obvious imagery, is the thought that many of these gems are lost, unless you are a collector yourself or know to look for them. What other gems of vintage work is out there that I have yet to see and appreciate? He admits that much of the material featured he wouldn't have discovered, and then of course shared, if it wasn't for blogging. Thank the universe for blogging (though I wish there was a prettier word for it).

I think, like you, I completely understand his love for these finds.

A Journey Round My Skull
A Journey Round My SkullA Journey Round My SkullA Journey Round My SkullA Journey Round My SkullA Journey Round My SkullYou can read an interview
here, feel free to browse his flickr account here and catch up with his blog here (I warn you, there's a lot of amazing stuff to look at).

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...