Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hello Heart Factory

Karen Collazo photography Heart FactoryHeart Factory Karen Collazo photographyIt's very exciting to find a passion and run with it. Karen Collazo, the lady behind Heart Factory, (also known as Karensita – but she doesn't like that name) has rediscovered hers. I'm excited to share her photography with you as she continues experimenting and growing. Her work ranges from vivid color and different subjects to haunting black and white. I've known her for a very long time and because of this I'd love for you and her to meet, even if virtually.

Karen Collazo Photography Heart FactoryKaren Collazo photography Heart Factory on FlickrHeart Factory Karen Collazo on flickrKaren: One day, I’d like to reflect upon my art – and the mark I’ve made – and be filled with such pride that I feel as though I may burst into flames! This is my ultimate goal; I want to move and be moved and have a positive impact in the world. Photography’s gift to me has been providing me with the tool to accomplish this.Karen Collazo Heart Factory on flickr The beauty of the everyday, and artists who share the same appreciation, inspires me the most: William Eggleston, Diane Arbus and Allen Ginsberg. At the moment, my focus is on black & white film and the exploration of anthropological themes. I find that the authentic process of developing an image adds to the honesty of documenting culture, religion and relationships, which I find to be the most fascinating subjects to work with.

Heart Factory Karen Collazo on twitterKaren Collazo Heart Factory on flickr
Karen Collazo Heart Factory on flickrI'm also very intrigued with humanity’s illimitable capacity for good and evil, which I hope comes across in my work. Later this year, I’ll be traveling to Cuba to begin a still life project that will represent people’s resilience in the face of adversity.

* * *

You can find more of Karen's photography on flickr here.
Also feel free to say hello in the comments below and let us know your thoughts.

*All photos and items in this post credited to Karen Collazo, Heart Factory.*Por sea caso, no money and/or items were received for this post.

6 comments:

  1. The black and white portrait is gorgeous. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Paula, that was one of the ones I first saw and it immediately caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt your site is soo creative and inspiring!!
    LOVE it!
    What fabulous pictures! It's really hard to pick my favourite!

    Have a great day!
    ~B :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great interview! my fave of these is that beach shot. i love the old fashioned boardwalk feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see a follow up once her project in Cuba is finished. It should be amazing. :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! :)

    And yes Liz, I'll definitely plan to do a follow up from her Cuba trip! I'm really curious about those photos and how they'll turn out and the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...