Friday, June 11, 2010

Inspiration & Good Ole' Friday Sweet Links

I've missed you. Yes, after I don't blog for a few days I get slight blog pains. But they've abated because today I have really great stuff to share. There are some resources and inspiration both old and new. Then again does any sort of inspiration ever get old?

Monkeys Always Look on Paper Squid I recently ordered and received this succulent garden from Monkeys Always Look on Etsy. It's easy to maintain and even more gorgeous to look at.


The video above is an absolute gem. At home Sunday my boyfriend turns on the TV and this was on! So nostalgic. It reminds me of my childhood (along with other shows like Jem, ha). Qué Pasa USA, was as Wikipedia puts it, "...America's first bilingual situation comedy, and the first sitcom to be produced for PBS...it explored the trials and tribulations faced by the Peñas, a Cuban-American family living in Miami..." Though filmed in the late 70's and I was born in 1980 it was on a lot and just makes me smile.

I personally, like many I know, can relate to the show. My father was Cuban and arrived in the U.S. when he was only 16, around 1960. Many children from Cuba, some much younger (like 5 years old and other varying ages), were brought over hence fleeing Cuba and the unfortunate heated situation at the time. This event was called Pedro Pan. My father ended up in New York, made a life for himself, met my mother years later and then they moved to Miami for warmer weather. Little things from this show remind me of him and childhood. (Video above was found here). Storytelling for Creative Biz Success by Tara Gentile Scoutie  Girl Above is the new e-book by Tara Gentile of Scoutie Girl. I've just begun reading it and am already finding it insightful. As she says "Business today is about passion..." I couldn't agree more. But it's also "... about getting personal. And it's about you." I love my business and I love what I do and I love the process of growing it. I know many of you are doing the same and I hope you find this is a wonderful resource.

Childrens Book Inspiration Paper Squid BlogChildren's books are great for inspiration. Matilda, though not the first book I read was the first book I remember being captivated with as a child. The book above is the original I owned (and that was me practicing my signature). Yep, my penmanship has definitely improved. What awesome children's book inspire(d) you?The Little Prince is another fave, and who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? His book shown here is of his artwork and worth a look. There's also a quote from him I found on Stumble Upon that says:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss.



White Hot Truth by Daneille LaPorteWant more inspiration and another great resource? White Hot Truth by Danielle LaPorte is definitely a website to check out.

f2images on EtsyYes, I love cupcakes, seriously, and this is a really sweet photo by f2images.



Raffa & Rainer (and this linked song, Bird) remind me of my friend Hildy. This version of the song is a little different than I remember but very good and above is another song and video.

Tegan and Sara Sainthood While I'm on music, I've kind of "rediscovered" this cd by Tegan and Sara. Though it's not new (but it's not old either), I've been listening to it a lot lately.Well, I hope you've found one item to inspire you. If you have any that you would love to add, or even your own work, please share and let me know in the comments below!

*All photos, items, videos, music, ect. (yep just about everything) is credited to each of the rightful copyright owners.*No money and no items were received for this post.

6 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful weekend Karyna! Very pretty succulent garden...I planted a few in my garden this year..so many wonderful varieties! And the Dr. Seuss quote is great- reminded me of a favorite book by Seuss that I passed on to my daughter, called ' Are you my Mother? ' and of course the perennial Grinch.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Collections! I totally agree about children's books being inspiring. I love the Little Mermaid; I enjoy discovering new published versions and seeing how illustrators depict the story differently. xx GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys.

    Kirsten I'm loving these succulent gardens. I want to flood my apartment with them, and also have them on the balcony. Gorgeous :)

    GA, I still always browse the childrens books section anytime I'm in a bookstore. Never gets old.

    xoxo,
    Karyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE succulents! i have a little collection of my own on my patio and they do very well both inside and outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alycia! I can't believe I only now just got my first succulents; seriously! They're awesome. It's actually good to know they do very well outside as well and in the bright light!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great links! LOVE that succulent garden, very cool! And that is too funny, I was just listening to Tegan and Sara today, and I NEVER listen to them any more! Cr-azy!

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...