Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sea Themed Baby Shower Invitations

boy baby shower invitation QUICK UPDATE: Due to the high interest in this invitation since it's posting, I now have it available in my shop. You can find the Sea themed Baby Shower invitation at Etsy here. Thanks!

• • • • • • • • • •  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  • • • • • • • • 

This past Saturday was my older sister's baby shower for my soon-to-be-born nephew...and my sister loves the ocean

She definitely wanted a sea themed blue and green invitation. I tried to sell her on a modern design with no theme using a fresh shade of blue and yellow. It didn't work; but I'm glad she went with the sea animals and her color combo! I'm very happy with the results. The trick was keeping it nice, elegant and fresh. I didn't want to overdo it with the theme and sea characters since it was a baby shower and not a kid's party. What do you think?
Since I love the outcome, I plan to revise the design and make these into fill-in invitations for anyone's use and available in my Etsy shop! This is also a step into having more invitations and products for parents and children along with other everyday paper goods.

Sea themed baby shower invitation by Paper Squid
 


boy baby shower invites sea themedI'll hopefully have more invitations to share soon!

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love it! Looking forward to your other designs coming out :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the theme for both actually so cute and pretty at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Genevieve & Karen!! Really glad you like and I completely appreciate the feedback!

    :)

    -Karyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it works for showers for either boy or girl because of the "water" "shower" tie-in...but I'd also like to see it for invites to a beach bbq, birthday party at the shore, a seafood themed dinner party or lots of things. The design is great and I think it would maybe translate well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome ideas!
    Yep, though I'll design it for one version those are all wonderful ideas for customization and/or other ideas.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these so much! I don't care for super cutesy baby stuff, these are really fresh! Great job! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very cute indeed!

    thanks for following me...i am too now =)

    Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really like to order these for our baby shower that we are giving, where is your etsy page? Or do you have it available as a printable?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs. Garza. I just tried to search for your email or contact info and couldn't find any via blogger....I hope you see my reply here.

    Yes, they are available for printing or to purchase as a digital file. Please feel free to email me at info@papersquid.com or just reply here with your info and I'll contact you.

    Thanks!
    :)
    -Karyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sea blue and green combination in the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome baby shower invitation cards as always! love your choice of papers and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of the coolest and creative baby shower invitations I've seen. Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an innovative one! Yeah, it would be definitely a surprise for your sister. But I want you should alter the colors. Give ocean blue color to the background and keep white color to the creatures. This will give the real representation of a sea. I would love to have these types of surprises in my baby's baby shower. Yes, I'm pregnant and a cute girl is waiting to be added in our little family. Anyways, thanks for this great post.
    Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...