Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sneak Peeks, A Business Card & Small Business Life


I hope you had a great weekend and a nice Monday. In fact I'd love to hear how you spent it. I was pretty busy. I've been working on new designs, block prints, digital prints and invitations both for my shop and freelance. (I'll post these soon). Though pleased, I've realized I need to stop and take it easy. Not that this work is hard, it isn't and I love doing it. But paired with my full-time job and other things I felt overwhelmed on Sunday. Not just the actual creating, (I enjoy that) but some other things. I also felt sharing this on the blog is useful and helpful because I'm sure I may not be the only one. Though productivity is a great thing I'll be honest and admit to you that some emotions came up which I've since realized and let go. And I'm very grateful.

I've realized I want to shift my focus or do business a little differently. I think wholesaling is definitely a route I'd like to take. As I figure all this out one thing I know for sure is I love blogging and communicating with you through it! In fact I'd love for you to share with me your goals and how you time manage. What are your priorities with your Etsy/online shop, your family, your blog, your art, your crafts and anything else? If you're a small business owner I'd love to hear the everyday ins and outs from your perspective.


In the meantime above are sneak peeks of new work and my new business card. I printed a very small amount. I think the next business card will be handmade. Your thoughts are always appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karyna,
    I think what you are doing is really inspirational, I wish so much that I could make enough of a wage just from making and not have to be a slave to the state in my teaching job.
    Basically I get very little time for networking and making for selling and spend most of my time at school as an art teacher, any free time I get I am trying to make a nice home for me and my husband, after that its making and networking (havent cold anything yet though).
    Anyway, I spent my weekend re-decorating my living room (pictures to come soon on my blog hopefully)
    Glad to hear you have got ideas of how to move your business forward, and please do share all your tips too for beginners like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thank you!
    I do honestly have to say that being a teacher of any subject is important and unfortunately is not an always appreciated job in many places (you're in the UK correct?) In my opinion and here in the States it shows in the pay. Very unfortunate.

    Also, like you, I've been decorating bit by bit at home. It's important to have a cozy home and a great priority. (Will check out your photos when up).

    Thank goodness for freelance and like you I too am a beginner figuring it all out, whatever "it" may be as we try and move forward in our created directions. :)
    Thanks so much for sharing a bit about yourself, priorities and life!

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...