Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's the Little Things That Make Me Happy

It's been a busy week with a few ups and downs. For one I was accepted to Art Rock, a big craft show in May, but after paying my vendor fee I suddenly realized I can't make it due to a family event. This is what happens when I don't use my recently purchased calendar. But hey, I just got accepted to the Indie Craft Bazaar. This will officially be my first craft show! (More details to come).

I've also been working on a few other items that I'll soon have ready to share with you!
In the meantime here are a few random things from the week that made me happy; sometimes it really just is the little things. What are they for you?

Receiving unexpected zines in the mail (from our friends in L.A. here & here)


A deliciously evil cupcake, (okay not so evil).

Being featured on these great blogs: The Curious Pug and Little Blue Deer.

Decorating my new apartment. (This is just a very small nook/space which is painted this color, the rest of the living room walls are a very calm and soft soothing shade of gray. It balances the rest of the large living room. Though we rent I always tend to paint the walls and decorate).


Yep, pen pals are awesome. (This is the reply letter I wrote to her, mailed off to Canada).


My niece.


Spring and blooming flowers.

I'd love to know, what are the little things that make you happy? Whether they happened this week or just in general please feel free to share in the comments below! Perhaps I'll make a new blog post from these, hmmm.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karyna,

    It was a cool transformation that you've made with your apartment, I love it. Wish you painted it with much lighter yellow though. I love yellow since it wakes me up but I'm afraid I might get insomia, lol.

    I always wanted to become an interior designer but it looks like I am not that creative, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johna!

    Funny you mention the yellow, yep it's bright but more subdued in person. Gives it a nice pop in that small space against the rest of the large soft gray living room.

    So glad you like it and thanks for the tweet!
    :)
    -Karyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Karyna, thanks for including me! Love your list, and I am SO down with the yellow, I had a yellow bedroom when I was little and I loved it, I really want to do a yellow room in our house. That's a great idea for a small space, too. Have a fabulous day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. Love the yellow nook. and btw all cupcakes are evil...they just need a lil lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tere you need to visit again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list, it allows to you focus on the positive...and by you, I mean us all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shari you are so welcome! Love your blog.

    And The Zhush, I'm very happy you love the list!! Definitely focusing on the positive is a good step. Thank you.

    -Karyna

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...