Thursday, January 14, 2010
Relief to Haiti
I knew it was bad when I first heard, but more and more you realize just how bad the situation in Haiti really is.
Below are a few links I've found via twitter and the wonderful Indie and blogging community of artists, crafter's and others online. You may be familiar with some of these links already, but in case you aren't here are a few that are worthwhile.
• The Haiti Relief Fundraiser, created by Jen of Indie Fixx, is in her own words "...a silent auction of items that have been donated by indie crafters, artists and designers." 100% of the proceeds are donated to the American Red Cross Relief fund. A great idea.
• Here are some eye-opening photos of the devastation. (Found via twitter, here and here).
• As you may have already done, you can text "Haiti" to "90999" to donate $10 to the Red Cross. The donations are added to your regular phone bill.
• You may also text "YELE" to 501501 to donate $5 to YeleHaiti.
• Another humanitarian organization that can help and is widely needed to assist those whose lives are threatened by the catastrophe is Doctor Without Borders.
• Charity Navigator is a great resource and helpful guide on where to give. (Via MissMalaprop)
Do you know any other organizations that are worth donating to for relief to Haiti? I would love to know.
*Photo/logo above via Indie Fixx. The logo was created by Khristian A. Howell.