Monday, January 4, 2010

Downsizing, Inspiration & Goals for 2010


Incredible! It's already the new year and in this new year I happily welcome many great changes. I've gone ahead and created some goals, both big and small (and realistic) for 2010. Have you created and begun any for yourself, whether personal or business? I'd really love to hear them.Downsizing is the first big move at the end of the month. By this I mean my boyfriend and me moving to a new apartment. Not only is it in a great location, but even more important is the fact that it's significantly less expensive. With this move just around the corner, it's inspired me to start cleaning out unnecessary and unused items, many of which will be donated, given away or recycled.This move is just a first step to creating a better situation in which to allow for more time to focus on my passion and what's important both personally and professionally. This happens to be designing and growing my shop, Paper Squid and this blog.

The following are some goals I've created with deadlines.
A Few Goals for 2010:

1) Blog a minimum of 3 times a week.

2) Start wholesaling and get in 3 new brick and mortar shops.

3) Post 1 new item every week in my etsy shop.

4) Do 2 local craft shows this year.
5) Start designing and have ready to go new items for my baby and children's paper goods line (baby announcements, invitations and so forth) by May 1st.
6) Create my 2011 calendar by September 30th.
7) Be more active (at least 4 times a week) and eat healthier. (I know, I know, we all say this but I've already
started and must do this).
8) Have my holiday items ready by October 1st (and remain ahead of the season with my paper goods).
9) Have my personal design website up and running by April 31st.


This list is not long on purpose.

I'll be adding to it throughout the year, but I feel these goals need to be as true and realizable as possible.
What do you think?

Before I go I want to share with you this great e-book by Tara Gentile, the editor of Scoutie Girl Blog,
52 Weeks of Blogging Your Passion. I'm currently in the process of reading it and it applies to my first goal! If you need help, whether big or small with blogging you should check out this e-book.

Let me know how it goes!*Image taken by me in nice and cold Chicago.*No money and no items were received for this post.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration! I've too just started working on my 2010 goals and just have to remind myself to jump back in the wagon, if or when I fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few goals for 2010.
    1. Start a newsletter.. check.
    2. Use twitter more effectively for marketing/selling.. great results today
    3. Improve my website.. still need to work on that.
    4. Broaden my networking base.. joined a new street team also this month.. FFEST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    That newsletter is such a great idea. Just wrote it down on my to-do-list and the website is definitely something I need to do in the future. Whats funny too is that I joined Team Fest a while back and should re-join. It's a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so missed the calendar op this year GREAT date deadline!

    Loved reading your goals

    ReplyDelete

❤ HELLO AWESOME ONE ❤
Let's talk, I love to know what you're thinking. I try to reply to EACH comment so check back or subscribe to comments for this post below :)

-Karyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...